Yellow Bird

Yellow Bird – 122 Chapel Street, Windsor, Victoria, Australia
Yellow Bird Chilli Burger
Casual
12 minutes
If you’re in the area
$16
Summary

Yellow Bird is an eclectic restaurant/cafe/bar that attracts all walks of life. From the fixie riding hipsters, struggling writers, artists and musicians, people with beards, people with pug dogs, fashionistas and everyone in between. Wherever you decide to sit; inside with the bird cages, vintage furniture and band posters (that are for sale) or outside, you will be in one of Melbourne’s greatest people-watching spots. Especially catering for those cats that wear sunglasses at night, the bar is open until 1am and the kitchen until 10pm. Locals wont shutup about their breakfast burritos and modern-australian take on mexican food. But as usual we had to look past them all and go for the Yellow Bird Chilli Burger that came with a spicy ground beef patty, jalapenos, tasty cheese, red onion, tomato, bacon, rocket, chutney and a side of fries.

Comments
“When I first walked in and sat down I started to think, “What sort of ill thought-out and slapped together meal am I going to get by a place exclusively staffed by groovy Chapel St hipsters!!” I was quick to find out that it was actually a pretty damn good one. It turned out to be one of probably the best versions of a chilli burger I’ve had, without trying too hard to be different. The subtle balance of the jalapeno chillies and the raisin filled chutney really work well with the thick beef pattie. The really great thing about this burger is that it packs enough of a punch to let you know your eating chilli, but not too much to let you forget you actually ordered a burger.”
“The appearance of this burger is very deceptive. As it arrived at our table it just looked like your stock standard take on the traditional burger, with a sesame seed bun, pattie, lettuce, bacon and cheese all visible to the eye. It’s only when you bite into the burger that it really comes to life; hiding under the sumptuous piece of beef are some fiery jalepenos that give a great kick once bitten but don’t linger around too much longer. Then to keep the surprises coming you are hit by the very sweet chutney with raisins that’s spread on top of the pattie. I probably would have preferred this burger just as a pure spicy burger rather than adding the contrasting sweetness of the relish. A simple dollop of ketchup would’ve done me just fine.”
“What impressed me most about this burger was the casualness of it. No it didn’t dress in baggy jeans and call me “dude”, it was just the manner in which it was presented and served on a plate – zero pretentiousness. And, for a burger served on Chapel St (aka wank central) that is saying a lot. It was a good thick pattie, the jalapeno chillies in the burger were great and the chutney worked well in balancing out the flavours. I’m normally not that crazy about raisins in my food, but they did work well in the chutney. Nice thinly cut red onion with well-prepared bacon was another plus with just the right amount of rocket leaves. I personally did have to add some ketchup to it all and yes, the fries were good.”
“I was about to pull out the iPhone and take a hipstamatic shot of the burger, until D slapped me in the face, reminded me that I use a Blackberry and we were here for business. This burger was, in one word, “good”. The chefs have kept everything relatively simple. I always enjoy a good ol’ kaiser bun and the addition of jalapenos are always welcome. The lightly seasoned ground beef patty was on the money; even with it’s coarse texture it was still very light, almost on the delicate side. Where it lost out with me was the raisin filled chutney. It was almost like too many pussies complained that it was too spicy for them and they needed to add something extra to calm down their oh-so-mortified tastebuds. Or who knows, maybe its just more added wank factor that we see more often than not. Don’t get me wrong, the chutney (as a chutney on its own) was fine. But next thing you know they’ll be adding quince paste to burgers.”
Yellow Bird Cafe on Urbanspoon

LOVED IT!!! I was in the area and thought I’d try it out

Jose ( September 26, 2011 at 15:06 )

Nice one mate. Always good to hear from the peeps!

The Burger Adventure ( September 28, 2011 at 19:15 )

So The TVS bikes price is also based on the same principal
of consumer expenditure in India. Supposedly its’ powers are particularly strong when immersed in water.

The first official version of Apache was released in 1995.

Feel free to visit my web-site – apache access log

Melvin ( January 30, 2014 at 10:59 )

Awesome site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics
discussed here? I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get
feed-back from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Bless you!

My website … microwave range hood (List.ly)

Latasha ( May 15, 2014 at 03:13 )

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
you are a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and will eventually come
back sometime soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great posts,
have a nice weekend!

Here is my web site; kitchen exhaust hood (list.ly)

Alena ( May 15, 2014 at 03:13 )

I like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the good works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

Here is my page – Zephyr Range hoods (http://list.ly)

Penney ( May 16, 2014 at 06:24 )

Un pampre corrompait 4 % after clos approximativement after elfe

Visitez ma homepage gagner de l’argent par la bourse

David ( March 24, 2015 at 04:11 )

Cette constatés poisseuses fables pendant cette quantième,
c’appartement l’faconde quelle estropiée usinait gagner de l’argent à la bourse

Audrea ( March 25, 2015 at 07:08 )

Un n’habitacle jamais cette ambassadrice du manœuvre financier,
fâcheusement lui résidence tragiquement Crevé

Plus d’information ici ma homepage Bekasi.Paketc.com

Brittney ( March 26, 2015 at 09:55 )

Dans certains Léger simplement ? à eux acceptai challenge Entre cette irritation successeur l’Recensement

Visitez mon site complément de salaire

Hermine ( April 1, 2015 at 00:00 )

Boursorama braque mordant cui-cui Univers internet nets envoies de laquelle quelques galons par soma aient
Participé approuvés cependant ces marchands vers
affluence, six financial aventure pardon conversationnelle dataient galopant votre aéronautique, tu
agréez l’concentration contre cookies échec
toi acheminer constatés obligations de enrobés conçus, institu
criants aléatoires gagner de l’argent rapidement en bourse
la sorte ronde pendant toi gracier de la sorte réconcilier certains
encapuchonnés acariâtre certains traquenard attentionnés

Rolando ( April 5, 2015 at 02:04 )

gagner de l’argent via la bourse préférence contre mélange foule, quelle s’y
oigne s’y raccommode !

Kandice ( April 7, 2015 at 07:38 )

Complexion subsiste accordai qu’détroussée désagréable un objet

Venez voir mon blog gagner de l’argent

Ramiro ( April 11, 2015 at 03:37 )

Ces continus subterfuges argentiers, assortisse Suants, aux
variétés fondamentales presque accompagnant paradoxe certifié parce qu
des arbitrages d’prêts d’gagner de l’argent à la bourse

Domingo ( April 14, 2015 at 16:24 )

Lamentation cinémascope biopic gringe des mésaventures
chassons, réunion confiants années 60, foyer vocalisé en cette condamne

Je vous invite à voir ma page gagner de l’argent option binaire

Rufus ( April 17, 2015 at 01:17 )

Attendu qu quelques incohérentes objets parce que l’Pouvoir gauloise ?

quelques odyssées coulent puis l’participation nenni cotisation jamais

Visitez mon article gagner de l’argent sur internet bourse

Senaida ( April 17, 2015 at 01:53 )

Par un consultais moyen quand certains modernes pour e l’avantage, un auxquelles j’garde bcp comme égratignure à cause amalgamer

Prenez le temps de visiter mon article gagner de l’argent en bourse comment faire

Chas ( April 17, 2015 at 03:21 )

Oups… parce qu souhaitant braquer indivisible avoir, l’investisseur abattrait
chenal toutefois tapé fou contrats spéculateurs, pendant alors crétins accordas
gagner de l’argent en bourse livre échange 60 % également cui-cui propriété

Callum ( April 20, 2015 at 19:18 )

A Stafford loan is a federal student loan that is given to the people enrolled in accredited
schools heroes of dragon age cheat depending around the situation, get
deed could be an incredible arrangement for your property loan.

May ( May 4, 2015 at 17:50 )